Energize your digital marketing ecosystem
Northern Village can energize your digital marketing ecosystem. Whether you are just getting comfortable with the technology, or if you are looking to optimize your social media strategy, develop online newsletters or purchase digital ads, we can help.
As with websites in general, the most important part is a review of how you wish to be portrayed online, and how that will fit within your organization’s goals. These goals may involve sales, fundraising, outreach, awareness, and being a resource for information. It is important to understand your goals so that you are in a better position to control your online messages, and to ensure that digital marketing is a valuable extension of your website.
Keep on top of your social media
There are many different social media services, and each has its own strengths and weaknesses. Having presence on both Twitter, Facebook and/or Google+ may be important. Or, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Digg or Picasa may be more effective. It may be important for you to have a fully integrated, shareable blog.
Social media engagement will generally follow these steps:
- Start with a review of your social media strategy, and identify the main stakeholders
- Align social media with you communications goals, including website, blog, newsletter, etc.
- Consider goals with sales, fundraising, media outreach, developing your image (brand) and general awareness
- Establish accounts
- Monitor how other organizations use the technology
- Identify information that could be useful for your constituents and targets
- Identify staff who will be monitoring / posting to social media
- Develop strategies for social media services that you wish to use
Keep in touch through e-mail marketing
You can effectively use an e-mail newsletter or bulletin to market goods and services, and increase the recognition of your brand at the same time. You can notify potential customers about special sales or new products and services, and drive customers or clients to your website to make purchases or just catch up.
Because customers can easily subscribe and unsubscribe to your newsletter, you have the secure knowledge that they are genuinely interested in what you have to say. And by keeping track of which links have been followed, you can gauge what is of interest to your customer or client and base future mailings (or even website content) on that information.
Northern Village generally uses MailChimp to make it easy for you to send email newsletters to your customers, manage subscriber lists, and track the success of your campaigns. The free plan enables you to store up to 500 subscribers and send up to 3000 emails per month!
We will gladly help you to get your lists up and running, after which you can maintain them yourself. As usual, the first steps are free.
Blogs and blog posts
A blog, or guest posting on other blogs, is one of the best ways to increase your personal, organizational or company brand. It can show thought leadership on the topic that you are blogging about, provide useful information to clients, or try to influence decision makers, depending on what your goals are.
It is also a good way of being found, and getting people to explore your website. Search engines like new, rich content, so if you are providing that, it benefits your website. It also provides a reason for people to visit your website if they are already familiar with what you do and how you do it.
Blog posts are also a lot of work. The web is littered with people who started a blog, but never made it past a couple of posts, which can hurt your reputation. Northern Village can help with setting up a blog, making sure it is successful, or in some cases, deciding that it is not the right approach.
Working with digital ads
Digital ads are a great way to boost awareness of your brand to different subsets of potential customers. Investment in digital ads will drive sales of your product or services, will enhance the effectiveness of your other non-digital media channels, and provides a way to communicate your brand's story to the customer that will remain with them across their decsion-making journey until their purcahse decision.
Working with digital ads will generally follow these steps:
- Start with a review of your target market (location, demogaphics, job title, industry, etc) and determine if that is who you want to target with your digital ads
- Determine the social networks (in conjunction with Google Adwords) that match with the target demographic you are after
- Discuss an advertising budgeting for each network
- Create the respective accounts
- Build the creative (images, content) for each network following the character limits of each
- Review each ad and their alternative ads (if applicable)
- Determine a running length for the ad based on time or budget
- Publish each ad
- Monitor the effectiveness using analytics built into each ad platform
- Draw conclusions about what worked and what did not